Students, faculty and the public are invited to attend a talk by SLIS alumna and Political Papers Specialist Kate Cruikshank, part of a series of events being planned at IU to observe the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attack.
Monday, September 12, 2011 at 5 p.m.
SLIS, Wells Library, Room 033
Overview of the talk:
• How Indiana’s long-time 9th-district Congressman ended up as vice chair of the commission investigating the 9/11 terrorist attacks;
• How IU came to acquire his personal papers from his work as vice chair;
• How those papers document the work of the commission;
• What was involved in preparing the papers for public use, including national security clearances;
• And why a collection like this matters.